WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- A woman passing by a house on fire noticed flames and quickly alerted the sleeping occupants inside.
- Thanks to her quick actions, the two occupants and their dog were able to escape unharmed.
- The fire department believes the fire was electrical in nature, and while there was significant water damage, the flames were contained to the attic.
A Minnesota woman is being hailed as a hero after she spotted a house on fire and quickly alerted the sleeping occupants inside. According to the Hibbing Fire Department, the woman was walking by the single-family home on Sunday night when she “saw flames” shooting from the attic. Without hesitation, she called 911 and then proceeded to wake up the occupants, allowing them to evacuate the home safely with their dog.
Thanks to her quick actions, the two occupants and their beloved pet were able to escape unharmed, and the fire department was able to quickly extinguish the flames and contain the fire to the attic. While there was significant water damage, no injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature.
In a statement, the fire department thanked the woman for her “selfless act” and praised her for embodying the true spirit of community.
“This is what community is all about,” they wrote, “looking out for each other and being willing to lend a helping hand in times of need.”