- Carlos was born with congenital heart disease and has since been coming in and out of the hospital until recently.
- On April 2, they received the great news that his new heart is waiting for him and on April 3, the surgery took place.
- It was a success and Carlos also tested negative for COVID-19!
Carlos Rolon from Worcester, Massachusetts, at long last has received the wonderful news he had been waiting for in years now.
The 6-year-old boy and his family have been coming in and out of the hospital especially in the recent seven months and a half. But the good news they have been praying for came in early April.
Carlos was born with congenital heart disease and has since had open-heart surgeries four times when he was only 2 years old while on the list for a heart transplant.
Despite the odds, he was still able to attend school until 2019 when his health went worse. In August, he was confined to Boston Children’s Hospital and has stayed there since.
All his mom, Sheena Cossette, and his dad, who he was named after, ever wanted was for them to be able to go home.
Finally, on April 2nd, they received the news they all have been wanting to hear — little Carlos’ new heart was waiting for him!
Sheena shared the video of Carlos when she broke the great news to him. He was certainly excited but he was also scared. But her mom assured him that he would be asleep and it’d be okay. He also asked if he would then be allowed to go home.
“He misses his family. We are a very big family and very family-orientated,” Sheena told CNN. “And I said, ‘Yes, after you get your new heart, you get to go home.’”
On April 3, the surgery took place and thankfully it was a success! Carlos and his donor were also tested of COVID-19 and they’re both negative.
“His color is beautiful; I’ve never seen him non-gray,” Sheena said. “He looks like a whole new kid.”
We are praying for your fast recovery young Carlos! Get well very soon!
Source: Inspire More