- Garth Brooks has won Entertainer of the Year award 7 times.
- This year though, he will not be joining the list of choices because of a tweet that he can’t stop thinking about.
- It was a tweet that asked why won’t he just step down and give others a chance — and he agrees.
After winning the award 7 times, Garth Brooks withdrew himself from the list of this year’s Entertainer of the Year by the Country Music Association (CMA) Awards.
“It’s time for somebody else to hold that award,” he said on Wednesday during a press conference, The Tennessean reports.
The 58-year-old singer won the award last year among all other country musicians including Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Chris Stapleton, and Keith Urban. But this year, he decided to step down because of one tweet that kept him thinking about it.
The tweet says — ‘Hey, man. This guy, why doesn’t he just step down (and leave) the entertainer for the next generation?’ — and Brooks agree 100%.
“The last thing I want to do is seem ungrateful,” he said. But “It’s time for somebody else to hold that award … ’cause they’re all out there busting their butts.
“With all the love in the world, we are officially pulling ourselves out of ‘Entertainer of the Year.'”
The CMA Awards’ 54th yearly event will be held in Nashville. The voting has already started last month and the awarding will be by November.
Brooks’ newly released song, “We Belong to Each Other,” is included in his most anticipated album, “Fun,” which he thinks is still inappropriate to release amidst the pandemic.
“I don’t want to be the guy that tries to do something in the midst where everybody is hurting,” Brooks explained. “The album’s ready to go. It’s just, how do you get out and promote and be happy and jolly while everybody’s out there fighting for their lives not only physically, but fighting for their lives financially?
Source: Fox News